domingo, 26 de octubre de 2014

V for Vendetta. Alan Moore, David Lloyd; Andy & Larry Wachowski

EVEY: Oh god, why?                   

V: Because I love you, Evey. Because I wanted to set you free.

EVEY: Love? Set me free? Don't you realize? Don't you realize what you did to me? You nearly drove me mad! I hate you. I hate you! Set me free? You put me in a prison to set me free?!

V: You were already in a prison. You've been in a prison all your life.

EVEY: Shut up! I don't want to hear it. I wasn't in a prison. I was happy! I was happy here --

V: Happiness is the most insidious prison of all, Evey.

EVEY: That's warped! That's evil and it's wrong! What gives you the right to judge? Who are you to say what's not good enough?!

V: You were born in a prison, Evey. I didn't put you there. I just showed you the bars. You've been in a prison so long, you no longer believe there's an outside world.

EVEY: Shut up! You're mad! I don't want to hear it!

V: That's because you're afraid, Evey. You're afraid because you can feel freedom closing in on you. You're afraid because freedom is terrifying.

EVEY: I can't feel anything! There's nothing left to feel! Don't you understand?

V: Don't back away from it, Evey. Part of you understands the truth even as part pretends not to. Woman, this is the most important moment in your life. Don't run from it.

EVEY: I don't know what -- Oh god -- I can't breathe --

V: Good. You're almost there. Go closer. Feel the shape of it.

EVEY: What are you doing to me? I can't breathe --

V: You were in a cell. They offered you a choice between the death of your principles and the death of your body.

EVEY: I feel -- I feel like I'm going to burst.

V: You said you'd rather die. You faced the fear of your own death and you were calm. Try to feel now what you felt then.

EVEY: Oh god -- I felt -- Like an angel -- Oh god, V, I'm so scared. What's happening to me?

V: The door of the cage is open, Evey. All that you feel is the wind from outside. Don't be afraid.

No hay comentarios: